IN SERVICE TANK Solutions
IRTS is an ISO 9001 certified Robotic In-Service Tank Inspection based on API 653 codes of above ground storage tanks. Our team is highly trained, knowledgeable, and highly qualified. Our inspectors, engineers, and technicians work together closely and understand each other’s requirements. The result is solutions that are:
• No Shutdown IRTS offers a unique technology in the industry to inspect the Tank bottom of an above ground storage tank while in operation.
IN-SERVICE TANK INSPECTIONS
API 653 Robotic Tank Inspection is incorporated as an approved method under the API 575
With the combination of highly skilled personnel & in-service robotic tank floor inspection systems, IRTS provides API-653 compliant inspections of above ground storage tanks without the safety risks, cost, or hassle of removing tanks from operations.
Our Robotic Systems is the key to IRTS’s success for in-service tank inspections. Our remotely controlled hydraulic & electrical robotic systems are specifically designed to inspect in-service tank floor bottoms.
Our Systems features include
- An array of 8 immersion ultrasonic transducers that collect the floor thickness measurements every 2.54mm (.1”)
- An X/Y triangular navigation system that continuously locates the robot and tracks the ultrasonic readings on the tank bottom.
- A sonar system that continuously monitors the robot 360 degrees from floor obstacles and objects.
- A sediment removal suction system that cleans the tank floor as the robot scans the tank bottom.
- An infrared video camera is mounted on our systems that allows for visual inspections of instrumentation, columns, supports, internal nozzles, & liners.
- A navigation system to pin point location of robot in the tank
- Three major pieces of information is derived from the UT signals. ie Platenominal thickness, Minimum thickness and Corrosion type.
Robotic System Description
The Robotic system consists of:
- Navigation system
- Ultra-Sonic system
- Sonar system
- Camera and lights
- System Safety
- Umbilical cart (only hydraulic system only)
- Deployment Crane
- Appropriate protection method to meet the IEC and customer safetyrequirements (only hydraulic system only)
- Suction and Discharge Pumps
- Container and control room for hydraulic system. Control rack for water system.
Type of tanks/Products
Our Robotic Systems are designed to be used in fixed roof tanks as well as tanks with external floating roofs. It can be used in water, petroleum products and many other chemicals.
At the present time our Robotic Systems can be used in tanks containing a wide range of middle distillates including kerosene, diesel, jet fuels, bunker C and lube oils. There are some chemical tanks where the Robot can be used. These applications are determined on a case-by-case basis. Client has to provide MSDS of the content to study on compatibility. We use our “Probe system” for potable water and smaller tanks below 40 feet in diameter. We also have a dedicated plastic robot for these kinds of tanks.
Requirements from client for an In-service tank robotic inspection proposal are:
- Dimension of the tank in consideration ( ie Height, Diameter, roof type, size of the man way etc.)
- Product information.
- MSDS sheet.
- Internal drawings.
- Last inspection reports if any.
Benefits to our in-service tank inspections
IRTS operates across Asia, Middle East and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries.